Monday, May 14, 2012

All mums are lovely, with or without wrinkles:)

This was the yoghurt cake we had for da jie's birthday in April (Mango yoghurt cake) and this Mother's day (Strawberry Yoghurt cake). I must say, yoghurt cakes are more refreshing and less gelard, the interior is all filled with yoghurt yo! My present to my mum:) Btw this is bought at the basement of Katong I12, minus18C !

Tadah! this is the gift from Da Jie who is in Egypt now for her Holidays. She had arranged for a surprise delivery from the florist (i guess the bag is sold at the same place? else ya im not sure of her arrangements, I'm just a spy to receive the delivery LOL!) on Mother's day and my mama was shocked! priceless, but yay a heart warming Mother's day:)

My er Jie bought her a pair of expensive earrings, shared with dad, and made her a card.:) 

 Guess it's a memorable Mother's day as she is properly thanked for all her efforts in everything. For staying with us through thick and thin, raising the 3 fatties from a poor family, never-forsaking a man who had done wrong again and again, for always carrying a heart big enough to forgive the whole world, taking care of the sickly old man who once spent his live wooing her with his big lorry, and the list goes on. I'm glad that I'm not bounded by the office hours these months, as it gives me the opportunities to chat with my mum more frequently and learn how my dad met her, casted his net and sieved out the best of the best from the women. hehe! I'm always a Mummy's girl, and will always be one even when I get married one day. Another great present this year, JJ's presence at dinner table!:) 

Had lunch with JJ's parents as well, and it seems to me that the family seldom celebrate such occasion, probably due to the small family size. Not anymore! Shall get them cakes and treats when occasions greet us:D 

While we are happily celebrating Mother's day at dining table, we're not going to forget 舅母who is fighting the battle in JB. We visited her few days prior to Mother's day, and I'm glad to accompany my mum during the entire journey. Showed her the way to JB via public transport, and recalled how worried  I was the previous week when she was taking the route alone. She took a longer route, but less complicating. Hence, I took the opportunity to show her the short-cut and rested at this KFC outlet in Malaysia when we finally reached! 

 The Nasi Ayam KFC version hehe!

Reach the hospital, and realize it is quite run down. Or probably, TTSH was too well furnished. Despite the outlook, i heard the hospital is great in terms of their medical aspects as compared to some private hospitals.
The pharmacy area
The best thing of the hospital is, IT IS LOCATED BY THE SEA!!!! sea view hospital yo, near JB custom and City square too.

I see how a big family unites when something happened to one of us. When the news escalate through the generations and families, many make a trip down/up to JB to visit the aunt who has given up all hopes. Without any instructions, everyone contacted each other and set an impromtu roster to take care of my uncle, and release him from the duty when he needs a rest; or simply ask the next batch of visitors to buy some snacks that he can consume within the Hospital that only allow Halal food. Some cousins even went to his house in Kluang just to clean the house for him since auntie had been sick for 2 mths. No one ever asked for any returns, simply because we - are - a - family. We reminded each other about the ang pows, that signify auspicious events that will come along with the "red paper". Traditional ways of showing their well wishes with practicality (money for tonics). Auntie is now waiting for the day that she can consume food, and that will mean she is recovering well. Right now, she is still on drips.

Recall how these relatives rush down to Singapore when my dad was hospitalized, and not a deliberate comparison, but my relatives who reside in Singapore (paternal) weren't as prompt when come to such events. I blamed it on the raising cultures difference, but i always have this unspoken inclination towards my maternal relatives. No intended comparison, I love my family all the same, and thankful for everything that comes along. 

We clinged to our mums when we were infants, toddlers and kid; find them irritating and naggy when approaching the teenage and adolescences stage; wanna break free from them when we reach 21; and finally wish to return to the them when we are working in the cruel society, getting married, giving birth or when their healths are showing red lights. We always run away from a place call home, but realise it is the place call home that we want to run towards. Treasure your mum, they are truly precious:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment